- Duration: 6 Days (approx.)
- Location: Buccarumbi, NSW
- Product code: Summer6
Camp Bucca is a summer camp like nothing you've experienced before. Say 'yes' to the adventure!
Camp Bucca is located in the heart of Buccarumbi, a quaint little town west of the rugged Buccarumbi Ranges and south-west of Grafton (NSW), where the Nymboida and Boyd Rivers join forces. Campers will embark on a journey which will take them back in time to the 1800s, where horsemen and bullock teams would stop to change teams, repair their coaches and respite at the local pub on their way from Glenn Innes to Grafton.
Camp Bucca is situated on the most captivating 2 ½ thousand acres property offering campers over 6kms of magnificent white-water river frontage. Campers will camp with friends, or even better make new lifetime friends, all on the banks of the mighty Nymboida River!
SUMMER CAMP BENEFITS
Summer camp is all about fun, making friends and adventure. There are many physical and mental
health benefits for campers coming on camp it encourages physical activity
in a way that’s both fun, and suitably challenging for all fitness levels. Campers will also gain the following benefits
- Helps students unplug & build friendships
- Builds all-round resilience
- Fosters team-work
- Develops communication and listening skills
- Encourages personal growth
- Enhances self-confidence
- Develops respect for self & others
- Reinforces independence & empowerment
- Nurtures social skills
- Models healthy living
Summer camp is all about fun activities and exploring different and challenging activities. We believe that every camper should have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. While our program is packed with an educational curriculum, our camp program is experiential and fun so campers don’t even know they are learning! Camp activities include
- Aqua Skills & Water Activities
- Raft Building
- Whitewater Canoeing
- Laser Tag
- Al-Pine Tree Climb
- Mountain Biking
- Navigation & Hiking
- Team Initiatives
- River Tubing
At Camp Bucca, our qualified and experienced staff will deliver a unique camp experience and our approach is to customise the program to support the needs of each young person. All activities are fully supervised by industry qualified staff.
Aqua Skills. 'Being safe in water'.
Unveiling The Mask.
Who are you? What makes you special? Unveiling The Mask is about learning skills each day to ultimately unveil who you really are. It's all about learning to be confident, to believe in yourself, problem solve, empowering yourself through doing and lots more.. You are important and you are special!
At Camp Bucca prepping and cooking your own meals is part of the adventure. It is also a life skill that campers can use when they return home.
Each campsite will have a camp kitchen set up with all the cooking equipment provided. Cups, plates, and cutlery will also be provided. Campers are required to assist in the prep, serving and clean up of all meals. All meals are cooked on a campfire and use fresh and healthy ingredients. Menus and recipes are provided and camp facilitators will assist each group.
We can cater for special dietary needs.
Bus transfers are available from North Brisbane with pickup points along the way until Grafton. Pick up locations to be discussed on application.
On application, electronic Medical and Waiver Forms will be emailed out.
Registrations close on the 6th of January 2020.
To receive the 'Early Bird Discount' applications are required to be submitted before the 31st December 2019. Please enter the promo code EARLYBIRD1 to receive your discount.
Our Camp program includes:
- 6 days, 4 full days of activities
- Private overnight camping on the banks of the Nymboida River
- 24-hour camp supervision - camping, activities, and meals
- Camp package includes all meals, accommodation (tents & mat), activities, camp facilitators, and materials
- Camp Bucca is facilitated on our 2 1/2 thousand-acre private Exodus Property with over 6kms of whitewater river access.
- Experienced, trained professional staff with Blue Cards/NSW WWC
- We provide you with a list of what to bring
- We can help arrange transfers from anywhere in Queensland & NSW
- Insurance for all participants
- 4WD vehicle support